The Ultimate Heath Benefits of Galantamine
Galantamine is basically a synthetic compound that contains nitrogen and is obtained from the flowers and bulb of Voronov’s snowdrop, Caucasian snowdrop, red spider lily and Daffodil. It has been used since decades in the Eastern European counties and Russia for treating myopathy (muscular weakness of motor and sensory dysfunction caused due to disorders of the CNS). It can also improve the nerve cell functions of the brain. People suffering from dementia takes this substance in low doses as it helps to improve their memory, thinking and reasoning process. It is commercially known by many names like Reminyl, Nivalin, Razadyne ER, Razadyne and Lycoremine and can be used for treating Alzheimer’s disease of mild to moderate level.
Several health benefits
Galantamine has quite a number of health benefits and is known to work by checking the breakdown of acetylcholine a chemical. The list of benefits is as follows:
- The substance galantamine helps in improving cognitive function
- It can reduce inflammation
- Galantamine acts as an antioxidant
- The substance can help to protect against toxins
- It can treat mild diabetes
- Galantamine treats obesity
- Galantamine increases the lucidity in dreams (lucid dream indicates a dream where an individual is entirely aware that he or she is dreaming and sometimes even has control over their dreams).
- It can improve the symptoms of autism
- Use it for treating Schizophrenia
- Galantamine gives relief from arthritis
- You can take Galantamine to help you quit smoking
- It gives ultimate protection against brain trauma
Points to be noted before taking Galantamine
There are certain points you should note before you start taking the substance Galantamine:
- Always take Galantamine along with meals. Take enough of fluid when you are on this drug. Ask your doctor to guide you regarding the amount of fluid intake.
- Make sure that you take it on the same time everyday.
- In case of extended-release capsules, take them in the morning. Swallow them whole and avoid cutting or crushing them.
- Make sure you store the substance at the right temperature. Be it Galantamine tablets, oral solutions or extended-release capsules they should be at a temperature of around 25°C. If required they can be also stored between 15°C to 30°C at times. Never store it at high temperature.
- Always keep it away from the reach of children.
- Never store in under direct light.
- Always store it in dry places and avoid storing in any moist or damp locations.
Like any other drug, you should also note the dosage of Galantamine. Also, since Galantamine blocks the enzyme that destroys acetylcholine, this increases acetylcholine’s concentration in the brain. So, this is another important reason why the dosage should be monitored. Avoid taking Galantamine in larger doses for a prolonged period. Always consult with your doctor who will advise you regarding the proper dosage of the substance. Normally, it is recommended to be taken twice a day. If it is in the capsule form, don’t crush, chew or break it always swallow it whole with water. Take plenty of water when you are on Galantamine to avoid your body from getting dehydrated.